3D Forensic Scans provides collision reconstruction engineers with accurate, cost-effective high definition laser scans, drawings and models.
These scans record everything from roadway widths, lane lines, traffic signals, utility pole lines, trees and buildings including every detail from wall dimensions to individual bricks. All data is accurate to within a few millimeters.
Because laser scanners accurately measure and record all objects in a scene, the need to return to the site for additional scans – even if the course of the investigation changes – is eliminated, saving both time and money.
More precise data and detailed measurements enable investigators to more accurately calculate vehicle speed, “crush profiles,” the movement of a body within a vehicle, road and terrain contours and vehicle velocity, as well as view data in a 3D model for analysis.
This 3D view also enables those without engineering or surveying backgrounds to understand the complex results of the analysis and the data collected can be used to create detailed 3D computer animations.
With 3D Forensic Scans, you can:
- Yield higher quality data in a shorter period of time
- More accurately analyze data
- View data as it is being collected and share with engineers/investigators for verification
- Eliminate the need for return site visits
- View data in a 3D model for analysis
- Effectively present findings to those without engineering/surveying backgrounds
- Create detailed 3D computer animations
*Note that all videos are not the work of 3D Forensic Scans.